1 1/4 cups whole wheat flour
1 package dry yeast (1/4 oz.), or 2 1/4 teaspoons
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup warm water
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
2 cup any veggies (like onion, pepper, zucchini)
1 cup spinach
1 tbsp olive or canola oil
Salt for seasoning
8 oz shredded low fat mozzarella
1) In a large mixing bowl combine whole wheat flour with the yeast, and salt.
2) Add water and oil.
3) Beat with an electric mixer on low speed for 30 seconds, scraping bowl. Beat on high speed for 3 minutes.
4) Stir in all purpose flour. Form into a ball and put on a lightly floured surface. Knead dough and add more flour as needed so the dough is no longer sticky and becomes smooth and elastic (6-8 minutes total).
5) Cover and let rest for 10-15 minutes.
6) Sauté vegetables in oil if desired.
7) Roll out dough on floured surface and place on baking sheet. Prick all over with a fork and bake for 10 minutes or until crust feels dry (par-bake).
8) Remove from oven and increase temperature to 425°. Layer with sauce, cheese and vegetables. Return to oven and bake for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling.
9) Cool for 10 minutes, slice and serve.
|Amount of svgs||Serving size||Calories||Fat||Protein||Carbohydrate|
|15||1 slice||130||2 g||12 g||16 g|